Chemist I ‑ Analytical Services
Genus Lifesciences™ is a specialty pharmaceutical company engaged in the development and commercialization of generic and branded pharmaceutical products. Founded in 1999, Genus Lifesciences™ employs over one hundred fifty professionals in all phases of pharmaceutical operations, and its products are available in pharmacies and other retail outlets throughout the United States. In addition to its local presence, Genus Lifesciences™ has on-going research efforts through global partnerships related to its technology platforms.
Position: Chemist I – Analytical Services
Status: Exempt, Salary
Reports to: Group Leader, Analytical Services
The Chemist I will perform routine laboratory analyses for raw material, stability, and finished product samples in a high throughput quality control laboratory involved with the manufacturing of our specialty pharmaceutical products.
- Under supervision, perform analytical testing of raw materials, in-process materials, stability samples and finished products as per the test method
- Perform wet chemistry testing as per the Test Method, SOP or USP compendia procedure
- Analytical testing will include assay, preservative content, LOD, ROI, water content, identification test, dissolution, disintegration, etc.
- Operates general analytical instruments during routine testing including but not limited to HPLC, GC, KF /Automatic titrator, FT-IR, Polarimeter, UV/Vis spectrophotometer, melting point apparatus, dissolution, Malvern Particle size analyzer, and laboratory ovens
- Performs peer review of laboratory data
- Performs assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively completes multiple assignments
- Able to adapt to new procedures or particular needs as directed
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains a positive attitude. Plans individual workload in coordination with team members
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment
- Recognizes deviations from normal trends and informs group leader or laboratory management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data and participates in corrective action of problems
- Complies with all current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) current Good Laboratory Practices (cGLP) and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements, laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and company policies and procedures
- Compliance with DEA and site requirements regarding the handling, use and disposal of controlled substances
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical or other scientific discipline with 0 to 3 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical lab
- Knowledge of chromatography data acquisition software (Empower) and other laboratory software is preferred
- Must have good verbal and written communications skills
- A strong demonstrated belief in continuous improvement
- General computer skills – word processing, spreadsheet, and database
- Proven concern with working in a safe and environmentally correct manner
- This position requires the ability to walk, sit and stand, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms at or above shoulder height and below waist height, climb or balance and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Requires use of Company approved PAPR as necessary